Tips and tricks for auto care!
Though it can often go unnoticed, exhaust damages can cause costly issues with your automobile. Since the exhaust system works to remove harmful pollutants from the engine, a damaged exhaust system will limit a vehicle’s performance and cause pollution.The expert technicians at M&M Automotive in Columbia, TN can take care of your exhaust repair, give us a call or contact us today!
Indications your car may require exhaust repair:
- Cracks or fissures in the pipes of the exhaust system
- Odd noises such as hissing or popping
- Holes or extreme rust on the muffler
- Clogged intakes as well as broken or damaged wires in oxygen sensors
- Catalytic converter issues causing overheating or rough idling
- Excessive rust in brackets and clamps causing parts to hang too far down
Our expert specialists will:
- Assess the full exhaust system
- Check muffler
- Examine the oxygen sensors
- Check the catalytic converter
- Make all essential repairs
If you think your automobile is in need of exhaust repair, M&M Automotive in Columbia, TN can help with total exhaust repair services. Contact us today to set an appointment.
How does an exhaust system work?
A vehicle’s exhaust emission system starts just behind the engine. Exhaust manifolds join with the cylinder heads to gather exhaust gases. Some of the harmful gases that the exhaust system gathers include:
- Carbon Dioxide
- Sulfur Dioxide
- Nitrogen Oxides
- Carbon Monoxide
These gases move through the exhaust system and are initially examined by oxygen sensors, then refined by the catalytic converter and then dampened by the muffler. At the end of the system, when the gases leave the automobile, the exhaust system has made the vehicle run more efficiently and quietly. Visit M&M Automotive in Columbia, TN today!
Deals, tips, event details and more
Get exclusive access to them all when you sign up for our newsletter